- Level: 2
- Awarding Body: CACHE
- Assessment Process: Work-based observation and assignments
- Guided Learning Hours 269-282
- Enrolment Dates: Learners may apply and start at any time.
- Learners will need to be working, volunteering or on practical placement as they need to show competence in both knowledge and skills
- Learners must be at least 16 years old.
- Level 1 qualification and functional skills maths and english or GCSE’s – Minimum 2 at least level e – d
- is for all those who have little experience in childcare and wish to work with children aged 0-5 years.
- will prepare learners to work in an early years environment.
- Recommended 250 placement hours.
- Is also available as an Advanced Apprenticeship.
- On completion of the Certificate learners can progress to the Level 3 Early Years Educator.