Why do you need your license?
If you’re wanting to work in any role within the security industry it’s essential that you have passed your SIA course first and obtained your license. The Security Industry Authority or the SIA is the central regulatory body for ensuring that high standards of health and safety as well as procedure, are kept to ensuring that the industry to continues to grow sustainably and safely.
How to get your license
To get your license you first need to pass your SIA qualification through a registered institution that provides you with the training. Here at Ascend we specialise in providing a range of courses including SIA courses and are confident we can help every one of our students pass with flying colours as they have done in the past.
What jobs can you apply for once you have your license?
One of the biggest reasons that you should get your SIA license it that it opens the door to the security industry up for you. Which unlike other industries aren’t just one door but many doors. The industry is so diverse and there is such a wide range of jobs the opportunities are endless. And nearly every single job in the security industry requires you to have your license. And so once you have gained your pass from us here at Ascend you can look forward to applying for the following roles:-
- CCTV operator – a key part of your learning in your SIA qualification is to have a keen eye for detail and that certainly comes into practice as a CCTV operator keeping your eyes out for suspicious activities.
- Security at events – from football matches to the Olympics, both small and large scale events require trained security staff to keep order and attendants safe.
- Door supervision – this is one of the most popular roles that most people who hold an SIA license go for. Which can bring quite an attractive salary depending on the hours and the establishment you’re working at.
- Bodyguard – this is also a well-paying role that can involve either protecting an individual, or a group of individual or valuable assets.
- Security guard – now more than ever before more places than ever before needing security guards such as transport hubs, offices, eating establishments, hospitals, and many more.
If you want to know more about how holding an SIA license can open doors for you and your career or if you want to know more about the course we offer get in touch with a member of our team.
Find out more about this course click here