What’s the program all about?
Pursuing this course will allow you to develop a wide range of personal skills and techniques that are key to your performance. This nationally-recognized qualification allows you to choose one of three different options depending upon what you want to focus on specifically.
However, this is specifically concerning the extended certificate. This is a 30-day credit programme that is the equivalent of 2 GCSEs. It covers all the key knowledge needed for jobs within the vocational sector.
Completion of this program will also allow you, if you want, to progress to a Level 3 qualification. Health and Social care qualifications, in general, are to help you understand the needs of the person you’re looking after and how you can best address these needs.
What are the key things I’ll learn during this program?
During your level 2 diploma you will learn the following skills:-
- The range of different ways in which social workers tend to the needs of the vulnerable and elderly.
- Ensuring that no matter what someone’s race, age or social background is, that they’re treated equally to everyone else.
- What your responsibility and a health and social care worker are towards your patients
- Health and safety issues
- Protecting those at risk from any potential harm
- How to best address the needs of someone who has needed different from other patients
- How to ensure that information held about these people is kept responsibly.
What jobs can you expect to get following this?
The advantage of choosing this course means that you have a broad range of key skills and techniques that apply to a wide number of jobs including:-
- Care assistant
- Personal assistant
- Key workers
- Support workers
Find out more about Health and Social Care QCF Level 2 Extended click here